CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043353054

From: "Stuart Phethean" <>
Subject: [CHS] Congleton charters
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:17:34 -0000

Hi there,

I was browsing the web looking for details of one Sir James Spenser named on
an Elizabethan Star Chamber document relating to one of my ancestors and
found this site:

http://www.roffe.freeserve.co.uk/charters/charterframe.htm

It contains details of many early town charters from Congleton and includes
lots of local family names and sometimes their occupations. Dedicated
Congleton researchers are probably already aware of this site, but for
newbies to the town like me it is an excellent source of early references.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart Phethean
Hampshire,