CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043492205

From: "Keith Morris" <>
Subject: [CHS] Evan & Sinah ELLIS, Stockport
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:59:13 -0000

Hi,

New to the list, and I'm hoping that SKS will be able to help me out. I am looking for information on Evan and Sinah ELLIS, who were living at 23 Carmichael Street, Stockport at the time of the 1901 Census. Evan was a coal merchant, aged 40, and Sinah was aged 38. Both were born Oswestry, Shropshire. Also at home with them was their son, Evan T., aged 16. In the 1907 Directory, Evan is still listed at the same address.

They were still alive in June 1928 when Sinah's brother died, but both had died by February 1941.

As I am unable to travel to Stockport to carry out some research, I am hoping that someone would be able to help me out. What I am looking for is an obituary in a local newspaper for both of them. I realise that this could be a big job, but I can offer reciprocal research at the Caernarfon Record Office for anyone who would care to take it on.

Regards,

Keith Morris.

This thread: