CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043709878

Subject: [CHS] MILNERS OF CHESHIRE
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:24:40 EST

Hi my name is Robin Milner and i have just joined this site, I am tracing my
fathers side of the family which i have found come from Cheshire. My great
grandfather was Edward Milner born c1838 in Latchford. He married a Rosa L.
Stromeyer in c1886 and where living at Hartford Manor on the 1901 census.
They had two sons Dennis born c1893 and my grandfather Geoffrey c1895. My
grandfather was listed on the census as a director of an alkali company,
which i assume is to do the salt mining industry in Cheshire as on the 1881
census he was living in Warrington, Lancashire and listed as a salt
manufacturer employing 62 men and a justice of the peace.
On the 1901 census there wasa Ellen F. Todhunter staying with my great
grandfather while on the 1881 census he was staying with the brothers William
and Geoffrey Fell. My gretgrandfather and his brother and sister where listed
as nephews and niece but i have been able to find any connections to either
Todhunter or Fell to the Milner link.
If any body can help me with any further information regarding my Great
grandfathers family, occupation, Harftford Manor, or links to the other names
i would be most gratefull.

This thread: