CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043782309

Subject: [CHS] Re-virus hoax
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:31:49 EST

Thanks to everyone who has emailed me direct to tell me the virus alert was a
hoax.
Thinking i had taken all the necessary precautions of placing the file into
my reclcyle bin and waiting for more than one response to say one way or the
other so i could either delete or restore the said item. I then left my
computer in the hands of my 10-year son, who then deleted the file from my
computer.
Not being very computer literate can somebody please tell me:
1) what damage has this done to my computer?
2) after deleting from the re-cycle bin, can it still be recovered?
3) can this file be sent to me by somebody who has it?

I would like to personally thank the person who originated that message and
hope they are pleased with themselves for the trouble they have caused
between me and my son.

Also thanks again for the people who sent me replies.

Rgds Robin Milner (Ipswich).

Names of Interest MILNER/STROMEYER/FELL/HAWKINS

This thread: