CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1043964356

From: "George Carter" <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] the church
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:06:06 -0000

Hello there, lovely Rita.
Coppenhall`s church is St Michael`s, goes back forever, records go back to
the 16th century anyway. It`s quite close to Nantwich and Crewe.
Quite often the parish church is described as that, No Saint`s name
mentioned, I think locally it`s taken for granted, but is confusing for us
outsiders. My wife`s baptism has the parish church of Stockport printed on
it. In fact it`s St Mary`s.
Anyway that`s enough rabbitting from me, good luck with your research.
Best Regards.
George Carter.