CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1044043003

Subject: [CHS] Re: Genes Connected
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:56:43 -0500

I personally cant see any harm in it. Access to the database is free, you only pay £5 per year if you want to contact a member about someone in their tree. Basically it's a 'bit of fun' rather than a serious research tool. Anything that gets more people interested in genealogy has got to be a good thing. I think its good to remind ourselves sometimes that what we think of as 'our own' family actually belongs to countless others. I am happy to 'upload my data' if it helps someone else get started and maybe expands my tree in the process. What do other listers think?

This thread: