CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-01 > 1044043819

From: "Barbara Lane" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] ADVICE-re name difference & witnesses
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:10:19 +0000

Thanks everyone who has replied on this. I have the same ref for both names
so I am sending for the certificate. Hopefully, I may be able to get more
idea when I see their occupations and names of witnesses. And thinking of
the question of witnesses as referred to in another message from Colleen, I
always used to believe there were only ever 2 witnesses to a marriage.
However although that is usual, I have 2 certificates with 3 witnesses and
one with 5! I wonder if they were a difficult family and couldn't risk
offending anyone!!