Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2003-08 > 1060718404

Subject: Re: [CHS] Finding an address/ What SURNAME and Christian name ??
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:00:04 EDT

In a message dated 12/08/03 12:20:38 Pacific Daylight Time,

> Are you certain there's no death cert for the William who died as a POW.
> If he is on the CWGC's web page then in theory there should be a death cert
> for him in WW1 Death Registers.
Hi Anthony

I spoke to a guy at the PRO about this (having been sent there by Southport
who said they held no war death certificates) and he said that there wouldn't
have been a 'civilian' death certificate but an army one and that these no
longer survived. He did mention a register I could try as an extremely long shot
but warned me I could end up spending a lot of money (as I couldn't get down
there myself) for a very slim chance of success. William is on the CWGC site
though (in fact, both are) - do you think there should be a record?

This thread: