CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2004-01 > 1074336605

From: "Sherry Landa" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] 1851 Census Lookup [Sandbach Area] - John A. Cherry, born 1824
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:50:42 -0000

Craig,

I'll put the census pages in the post to you (thought I still had your
postal address but I don't so please email it to me privately). There are 3
entries but the one you actually asked for is:
HO107/2167/f.278 p22 Moore St., Congleton
John CHERRY H M 61, tailor, Barnshaw? CHS
M ditto W 58, Congleton
H ditto D U 20 silk weaver, Congleton
M ditto D U 18, silk piecer, Congleton

The other entries are for a 36 year old Sandbach-born Thomas a glue
manufacturer and a 54 year old widowed servant Sarah born Brereton.

I'll post them all because you never know when they might link up. John jnr
doesn't appear on a search of 2167 and 2168 so maybe he had moved out of the
area or is under some other name?

HTH
Best Wishes,
Sherry Landa (in Salford LAN)

Am wondering if some kind soul could tell me if John Albiston Cherry appears
on the 1851 census? He was christened at Sandbach on 24 Jul 1824.

Would also be interested in knowing if his parents are also listed in
Sandbach, Congleton or Astbury at the time of the 1851 census.

Father: John Cherry, born about 1789, buried at Astbury Church 1863
Mother: Mary Cherry (nee Albiston), born 1793, also buried at Astbury 1870.

---