CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2004-03 > 1078771878

From: "Alan" <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] Look up in St Elphin Parish Records 1865 (SMITH/SAUNDERS)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:51:22 -0000

The records are also held on film at Warrington Library.

Regards
Alan Bennett

I have just found the marriage of John SMITH and Mary Ann SAUNDERS on
Cheshire BMD. They married at St Elphin Warrington in 1865.

I'm hoping they may be my great great grandparents although nothing can
really be sure with a name like John Smith. I would be very grateful if
there is anyone going to Chester Records Office this week who could look
up the entry in the Parish Records for St Elphin and let me know the
names of their fathers, occupations, ages and possible addresses. My
great grandfather was known as Thomas Saunders Smith (b. about 1868,
although I haven't found a registration under this name but I am hoping
Saunders was his mother's name).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as SMITH is not the easiest name to
research.Thanks in advance. Pamela Paris, France

The Family History Society of Cheshire:
http://www.fhsc.org.uk/

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.