CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2004-07 > 1090412142

From: "Elaine Hanson" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Picturesque Wirral
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:15:42 +0100

Subject: [CHS] Picturesque Wirral

Hi Barbara,
The first edition was published by Sherratt and Hughes of London and
Manchester, as you rightly say in 1903.
The illustrations were by Roger Oldham. It is a record of Cycling rambles
around the county. I can't find any reference to Carl Rogers in either
edition, so maybe he was connected to the publication of the Wirrall
extract.

In 1932 the author "revisited" many of the areas and a new book entitled
"Cheshire.....Traditions and History" was published through Methuen & Co Ltd
of 36 Essex St W.C. London. (most illustrations are from photographs by
Thomas Baddeley)

I have managed to purchase both as used copies of first editiions within
the last couple of years, so there are some still out there.

Regards,
Elaine.

> I have a small book that is a part of the Picturesque Cheshire by T A
> Coward.that was published originally in 1903
>

> Does anyone know who was responsible for publishing this as it is? And
> who Carl Rogers who wrote the introduction is?
>

> Barbara

This thread: