CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2005-08 > 1125215929

From: Gordon Adshead <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] Re: ancestry.com
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:58:49 +0100

At 08:07 28/08/2005, Gill Hart wrote:
>This is not always the case. My annual membership was renewed automatically
>for me without consultation last week and even though I was planning to
>renew, I did feel that it would have been polite if Ancestry had contacted
>me first. I am based in the UK so I don't know if that makes any
>difference.

I am forming a theory that Ancestry do in fact give ~2 weeks warning of
renewal to all members, but depending on your junk mail settings, quite a
few ISPs will in fact discard the message as SPAM.

<www.adshead.com> Gordon Adshead Manchester Design Technology
Beaumont House, 2 Goodrington Road, Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3AT, England
Tel:Fax:Msg:+44-1625-549770 Mob:+44-777-6145602 <>

This thread: