CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1141429589

From: "Paul C. Palmer" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] The Great Plague
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 17:47:07 -0600

One suspects a more thorough examination will determine that both the
fleas and a virus were involved in transmitting the plague, with the virus
being the infectious agent and the fleas their mode of transport ~ along
with rats which were the beasts of burden for the fleas.
My wife and I visited Eyam in 1978 and found it fascinating. In the
parish church a copy of the parish register including the time of plague was
on display and accessible for anyone, be he serious student or idly curious
tourist. The church yard is also more than worth a visit.

Paul (Comal County, Texas)