CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1141448067

From: Gail Slade <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] AVEYARD
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:54:27 -0500

Wow, Steve!
Thank you so much for the reply! Your find of Alice Peel marrying
George Wilson in 1884 has real potential, doesn't it? Her son Joe
doesn't show up in the 1891. With a birthdate of 1889 I would think he
would be with Mom but maybe a relative took him since she had an eight
week old new baby. Interesting she is Head of Household with an eight
week old baby. Now that means Joe was probably a Wilson especially
since he carries the Wilson middle name. So there is no actual Aveyard
lineage here. Only adopted line, although I know they were Joseph's
pride as he ran his business. They owned a tannery. I wish I could get
more information on that business!
The connection you gave me for Joseph is the one I have been chasing for
a long time. I have his father as William Aveyard who married Elizabeth
Burgoyne 1846 in Chorlton-on-Medlock.. Are you saying William's father
was George Aveyard, brother to your Benjamin?

Thanks, again, Steve for the additions and new hope for getting this
line straight.

Gail