CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1141693996

From: "Trena" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Re: WRIGHTS,MINSHULL
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janet Epps" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:14 AM
Subject: [CHS] Re: WRIGHTS,MINSHULL

Now WRIGHT is a terrible name to be researching -
> zillions of them, all with just a handfull of different names..... But
> nowhere could I find corroborating records and nothing seemed to fit
> (except for the neat correlation of the census records).

Finally I did a
> search for the names of the 3 siblings with the christening dates for "all
> counties" - and much to my surprise found just one possible family, and
> all the details were spot on - except 2 were christened in the same parish
> in Yorkshire and one in Dover, Kent!

Who is your Dover Kent WRIGHT? What time frame are you talking about?
We've a Joseph WRIGHT born c1826 Dover Kent. He was the second husband of
my great-grand-aunt, Alice TRAVIS nee WHYATT. They are in the 1881 in
Portwood, Brinington Stockport. Haven't found any children for Alice and
Joseph, but she did have at least 4 children with her first husband Cephus
TRAVIS.

Any connection?

Toni ~ Ontario

This thread: