CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1142074719

From: "pauline davy" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Faults in reporting births?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:58:39 +1000

Oh how I wish Joan! This lady, Clara Hughes, nee Banks, was my
grandmother, and I knew of two other siblings of my father's, but then all
of a sudden, on the 1949/50? electoral role, appears, along with an aunt I
DID know, a Clara jnr. Never saw, or heard of her before. So I went to the
BMD looking through births about 21 years earlier, and find a Clara Hughes,
but the mothers maiden name, was Hughes also. That is why I asked, wondering
if Clara could have inadvertently put her married surname. Even the district
could have been right.
Oh I hate these mysteries.