CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1142463039

From: "Bob Douglas" <>
Subject: RE: [CHS] Ancestry
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:50:39 -0000

Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Shaw [mailto:]
Sent: 15 March 2006 22:21
Subject: [CHS] Ancestry

to ancestry through the Calgary Public Library. Yesterday, I used the
service to try to fill some holes in my Ardern family but found that I
got far more info than I was looking for. All of it did not pertain to
the people I was searching. I would enter the person's name (given and
surname) and year of birth but was inundated with Arderns with different
given names and years of birth going back to 1837. Perhaps I do not

You have to learn how to use the system
Either do exact search with few known parameters ( use soundex or wildcard
if necessary)

Or put as much in as you know and do a ranked search

You have to work it a bit, they're nearly always there somewhere

Bob

This thread: