CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1142464110

From: Val Taylor <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Ancestry
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:08:32 +0000

"I guess I am one of the fortunate ones in that I have a "FREE" access
to ancestry through the Calgary Public Library."

Hi Malcolm and other interested parties,

I too can access AncestryUK free at my local lds library. However as
each session is restricted to an hour the time runs away. I found it a
good expense to treat myself to the subscription to use at home. Can
search at my leisure and have found it to be a wonderful help. As others
have stated, sometimes you have to widen the scope to allow for mis
transcriptions, etc but if you are patient you can turn up so much
valuable information. I tend to use the random search rather than exact
as it is more flexible.

Hope this helps. Incidentally, when ever I've had to contact ancestry
I've found them nothing but helpful and prompt. Generally getting back
to me the same day or the next.

Val

This thread: