CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1142599174

Subject: [CHS] : Astbury and Congleton
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:39:34 EST

Hi Listers ,
Following a visit to Congleton library :
1. I ordered the plague book "The Year of Wonders" as recommended by the
"List".
2. After pre-booking a reader for two hours - I found the following in a
tape " Parish Registers of Astbury & Congleton"
John MELLER - John son of Tom Meller and Eliz
born 8/August/1762 of Smallwood
Cornelius ROBERTS - Cornelius son of William Roberts & Ann
born 3/March/1783
Richard MALKIN - Richard, son of Thomas & Hannah Malkin of Astley Marsh
born 12/November/1809
These extracts were transcribed in spite of poor eyesight and poor
originals - so please
accept them on this basis.( I should have taken a magnifying glass).
3. I then went onto one of the library's PCs to check my Emails.

In all, a very satisfying visit.

If you are going to use these facilities, do ring the library to arrange
your visit or you may be disappointed.

Ricky Cooper.

This thread: