CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1143193531

From: "Paul Cawsey" <>
Subject: GOWEY CAFE STAMFORD HEATH / RAILWAY WORKER
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:45:31 -0000

Hi list

I am hoping that somebody may be able to help with the following enquiries;

1.I am trying to find pictures of and info about the Gowey Café that
used to be at Stamford Heath. On my Nan’s marriage certificate from 1935 she
was living and working at the café. All the family can remember is that a Mr
Parkinson? Had some thing to do with the Café.
2.My Grandfather REGINALD JAMES PEARCE was a signal man at Mickle
Trafford and later an Inspector at Mold Junction for the railway company. I
realise that there are records at Chester RO but I cant get there due to a
back injury – can anyone supply any information regarding him. He is shown
as being a signalman on the 1935 marriage certificate.

Regards

Paul