CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1143402412

From: "Gill Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Academic Ag Lab
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:46:52 +0100

Intrigued by Matthew Fee who appears first on the 1871 census ..I followed
him and his family until 1901.

Matthew dropped his teaching title in 81,91 and 1901

He did become a Time Keeper and Clerk by 1891. At least one of his children
Catherine became a teacher and another two - a boy and girl became clerks.

He must have had a good education in post - Famine Ireland when the
depression was was very harsh. Sometimes parish priests taught Latin to
bright pupils... I wonder if he had been destined for the Priesthood?
He had a large family - it would nice if some of his descendants could join
the list and tell his story!

Gill