CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1143471160

From: "M.A.Reynolds" <>
Subject: Re: Anti-spam problems
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:52:40 +0100

NTL have also caused me to lose some messages and I found that when I
checked my account on their web site, and clicked on mail/spam it gives 4
options.

0 delete spam immediately *(set without my knowing about it)
0 send to webmail spam folder for 7 days
0 forward to your inbox without filtering *(now changed to this)
0 forward to your inbox labelled as spam

I already have Norton security which filters anything which it considers
spam, and puts it straight into my spam folder, so as soon as I see it
highlighted I check it. Usually it is something from Tesco etc, which I can
do without, but sometimes it can be a reply message I have been waiting for,
and hadn't noticed it sat in the spam folder. At least I can delete what I
want, or move it back into inbox.

I would recommend all ntl users to check their accounts as these settings
are done without your knowledge, it seems to me. My son checked his and it
was set the same, and he didn't know either.
Anouska