CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-03 > 1143841838

From: "David Gilligan" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Mary HOLT & Mary ROYLE - Deceased
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:50:38 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)

Hello Sue

Re: WALLWORTH and ROYLE

It's always nice to exchange emails with you. I'm copying this to the
Cheshire List in case there are any other interested WALLWORTH and ROYLE
researchers out there.

I only have three Wallworth(s) in my database of 11,648 individuals and I
don't have a great deal of information about them. But they are a
significant family because they married into a relatively important family
in Northen Etchells: the Simpsons who had Chamber Hall in NE in every census
from 1841-1901.

JOSEPH WALLWORTH married MARTHA SIMPSON in 1874 at St Wilfrid's, Northenden.
Joseph's parent's were Joseph and Ann Wallworth from Manchester and I
believe he was a 'corn dealer'.

Martha SIMPSON (b.1849) was the daughter of George and Hannah Simpson (nee
Chesters). George Simpson had a sister called Betty (b.1808) and she married
CHARLES ROYLE of Northen Etchells in 1827. Charles had a farm in NE (called
Highfield' in some censuses) it was very near Moss Nook on Ringway Road.

If this rings any bells Sue please get back to me as I know a lot more.

Hope this helps.