CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-06 > 1150510142

From: "Trena" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Recycling names?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:09:02 -0400

These were Sally's words ...

>> I have a few instances where families appear to have reused the same name
>> if
>> a child has died. Is this possible? It seems a bit strange to me....

Please note: she asked about re-using the name of a _ dead _ child >
given to a subsequent child born to the same parents.

Nearly all of us have cases where a child was named [as a for instance]
James. That child dies, then the next son born afterwards is also named
James.

Yes we all also have the same names [James, John, William etc] turning up
within all our families, many of whom have exactly the same name and often
were also born around the same time .. at least from my own experience.
This not what Sally was referring to.

Toni ~ Ontario

This thread: