CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2006-12 > 1166270832

From: "Steve Stutcinskas" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Absent Voters List - 1918
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:07:12 -0000

Nick - cant offer full answer for the area that you need but in
Stoke-on-Trent the absent voters are recorded at the back of the electoral
registers for there last known address, It could be their parents or it
could be their own. It gives a good deal of information and in all the ones
I have needed it gives their Army number and regiment

It might be worth giving the local library a ring and ask them if they have
the electoral registers. If they do ask if it would be possible to see if
there is such a section - and if they don't, do they know where they are
held
Hope this helps

Steve