CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2007-06 > 1183046021

From: Amanda Worthy <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Prison Records - ADAMS & ALCOCK
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:53:41 +0100 (BST)

Hi

There appear to be documents held at the Cheshire Record Office. You can search the catalogue here:

http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/catalogues/

Click on 'Archives & local studies main catalogue'
Then 'Archives'
Type buildings and gaols in the title box and click on search
Then click on 'details'
Then 'show full catalogue'

There's a whole list of documents relating to the prison and its prisoners.
Hope it's of use and one of them includes your ancestor.

Amanda

"M. Shaw" <> wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am also connected to Ann / Nancy (Adams) ALCOCK, who was incarcerated in
1871. Her brother Robert ADAMS was my 3 x great grandfather. Like Sue, I'm
curious about why my 2nd grand aunt was in the slammer.

Can you tell me a little more about Mary ADAMS? Who were her parents,
spouse etc.? When was she a prisoner?

Best wishes,
Marie
Alberta, Canada