CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2007-09 > 1190941169

From: "Lilian Andrew" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Prestbury look up please
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:59:29 +1000

Alice,

Certificates naming fathers only began 1st July 1837, so you will not see
the fathers' names in the Parish Records.

All is not lost, however, as other information may be there. There may be
ages, occupations, whether bride and groom are from that parish or elsewhere
and other clues in the names of witnesses to the marriage, which could be
parents, siblings or other relatives. If this is a marriage by licence,
then you may be lucky enough to find out who stood surety.

Lilian Andrew