CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2007-11 > 1194300302

From: "Rachel Shelley" <>
Subject: [CHS] GUEST family
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:05:02 +1300

Hello

I'm researching my GUEST family, which appears to have originated in
Daresbury, Cheshire from the mid-1600s or earlier, and over time has
been linked with Cheshire and parts of northern Wales, including
Flintshire and Denbighshire. I've also noticed that the christian name
"Randle" has been used frequently in my family.
I'm hoping to find out more about the earlier GUEST family that hailed
from Over Walton, Daresbury, Cheshire. I've found out many names,
thanks to a One World Tree on Ancestry, but would like to find out
more details.

My great grandmother was Rachel Guest (1872-1920, Flintshire). Her
father was Joseph Guest (1833-1887, Flintshire). Joseph's parents were
William Guest (1811-1895) and Mary EVANS (1811-1876, Flintshire) -
they married in St Mary's, Cheshire in 1831.
William's parents were John Guest (b 1774 in Burton, Cheshire, d 1858
in Flintshire) and Jane Jones (1777-1835, Flintshire) - they married
in 1797 in Dodleston, Cheshire.
John's parents were Randle Guest (b 1750 Common Side, Daresbury,
Cheshire) and Elizabeth TILSTON (b 1755 in Llay, Denbighshire).

Does anyone out there have Cheshire GUESTs at all?

Many thanks

Rachel

This thread: