CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2008-02 > 1202751641

From: DeryckJohn <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Multiple records of a marriage
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:40:41 +0100 (CET)

Del,

Genuki lists bollington PR's as:
Bollington, St. John the Baptist (C of E). Built 1834, becoming the parish church in 1842. Registers of Baptisms 1834-1975, Marriages 1838-2003 and Burials 1835-2004 have been deposited at the Cheshire Record Office.

I can't find the Bollington entry in the CRO online catalog, but the entry for Poynton PRs says "Notes Poynton was one of a number of Cheshire chapelries which lost the right to solemnize marriages between 1754 and the mid-19th century. Marriage entries for those years will be found in the registers of the mother parish of Prestbury.". Since marriages for Bollington don't start until 1838 I guess this is what happened at Bollington.

Regards,
Deryck

This thread: