CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2008-05 > 1210072682

From: "PMR" <>
Subject: [CHS] Strange Census Entry
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 21:18:02 +1000

Hello Listers

I was sent, some time ago, some transcripts of 1891 Census
entries for the surname FARAM.

One which is a deal stranger than some is this:

**Faram, Frederick 30 Banlostock grayham, Yorkshire Boarder
Chorley Cheshire**

This purports to tell me that Frederick FARAM, aged 30 years,
was born in Banlostock graham in Yorkshire, and was a Boarder in Chorley in
Cheshire.

Just as well I had heard of Lostock Gralam in Cheshire! And
already had him on my database. I'm not sure what happened to his wife. I
have a marriage (or should I say possible marriage) for him in 1st Qtr 1886
to either Mary Ann GOULD or Elizabeth GRIFFITHS. Maybe she died young - or
maybe he was working away from home.

Just thought I'd share this incredible entry.

Cheers

Pam
Beaudesert, Queensland, Australia

This thread: