CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2008-09 > 1220957513

From: "Mrs L. McCulloch" <>
Subject: [CHS] Canal Baptisms
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:51:53 +0100

Our eldest son was baptised in 1970 at Daresbury Vicarage using the 'mobile
font' used on the canals. We couldn't get in the church because of a Flower
Festival and lots of people. Does anyone know in what circumstances this
special font would be used on the canal? How far would the vicar be
prepared to travel ? Presumably the church record would be recorded as a
normal church baptism - or would it? We've always joked that our John was
baptised as a Cheshire Waterman! I ought to see what it says in the
register. Regards, Lyn