CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2008-12 > 1228827307

From: Vanessa Dixon <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Informant OLIVER WILLIAM H. ATKINS Cheadle/Wilmslow HelpPlease
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:55:07 +0000 (GMT)

The informant has to be a relative, someone present at death, or the person making arrangements for the funeral e.g. the executor of the will. My mum recently registered a death, there were no relatives and she was not present at the the death, but as one of the executors she was allowed, the other executor was a solicitor and he could also have registered the death if my mum didn't want to. So O W H Atkins could have been someone at Cheadle Royal, family member or Executor. Funeral directors are not allowed to register deaths.

Vanessa