CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2008-12 > 1228865426

From: allen williams <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] death registrations...was Informant OLIVER WILLIAM H...
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 23:30:26 +0000

Hi all

When my dad died I had to register the death, because I had a better
qualification than his girlfriend, who was present at the death, even
though she tried to. He had no will, otherwise the girlfriend might have
been an executor, but even then I suspect the registrar would have
wanted the next of kin to do it, unless there was a good reason why not
(eg being abroad). Funeral Directors would not have a qualification as
such to register a death.

Norma Bethune wrote:
> Hello Vanessa,
> Are you sure this is the case? In New Zealand, it's usually funeral
> directors who register deaths!!
> Norma in lovely sunny Mosgiel, New Zealand
>
> Vanessa Dixon wrote:
>
>> ... snip ... Funeral directors are not allowed to register deaths.
>>
>> Vanessa

This thread: