CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-01 > 1231622435

From: "Sue & Debbie Cullen" <>
Subject: [CHS] Dane Water
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:20:35 +1300

Hi there - sending this message again, as I haven't seen my first one
come through yet!

I've been given a copy of info from an old family bible. It records
that "William Wood was the son of James Wood, of Dane Water, near
Bramhall, Cheshire". I can find very little mention of Dane Water on
the internet (although one site does suggest that it was also known as
Deanwater). I have found James Wood & son William on the 1841 census,
however there is no record of a wife for James anywhere. Can someone
please let me know if there are any Dane Water / Bramhall records on
line. I've found a James Wood being born on the IGI in 1809 (parents
William & Martha) so this could possibly be my James but not sure where
to go from here.

Thanks
Sue
NZ