CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-02 > 1233876313

From: "Paul Gray" <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] BOURNES BUILDINGS SHAVINGTON CREWE
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:25:13 -0000

Bob/Charles

I think I may have found them although I'll check the buildings to see if
there are any engraving etc.
If you head down Crewe Road into Shavington and go thru the Village, you
come to a Triangle that is now Crewe Road/Main Road Junction. Looking on the
map on Cheshire Record office site for 1910, this end of Crewe Road is
called Hen Lane, which was mentioned in both Census returns around the
Bournes Building.
The other factor maybe there is a Methodist Chapel next to this row of
house's and a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel just down the Road.
The are 5 blocks which looks like total of 12 houses.

Many Thanks
Pam and Paul Gray