CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-02 > 1234666298

Subject: Re: [CHS] Census - Exact Dates
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:51:38 +0000

And

Allen

------Original Message------
From: J & R Gay
To: Cheshire List
Sent: 15 Feb 2009 02:40

>From info I have from an article "A fresh look at the census" by a Margaret
Thomas some years ago; the dates were listed as follows - I hope they are
correct.
1841 Sunday 6 June
1851 Sunday 30 March
1861 Sunday 7th April
1871 Sunday 2nd April
1881 Sunday 3rd April
1891 Sunday 31st March
Cheers
Jenni

Jenni Gay
Adelaide, South Australia

Researching BAMFORD, HEANEY, STONEHEWER (and many variants); HARRISON,
BARLOW