CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-05 > 1241194563

From: "Curt Clough" <>
Subject: [CHS] Visit to Cheshire
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 09:16:03 -0700

Hello Listers,

I hope you don't mind me imposing on you for some local knowledge. I have been researching on-line and through LDS films for nearly 10 years now, but I'm stuck. I am planning a visit to England later this summer and am wondering where I could/should go to do research that's not available to me in the states. As far as I can tell, my family lived in and around the Stockport area. The time I'm primarily interested in at this point is from Civil Registration back to the latter 1700s.

I'll only have a couple of days for this type activity. Does anyone have any suggestions as to places I can visit to attempt to learn more about my ancestors? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Please respond off line. Thank you so much.

Curt

This thread: