CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-05 > 1242372938

From: Jan Moreau <>
Subject: [CHS] Middlewich - St Michaels & All Angels Parish Records pre 1837
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:35:38 +0000

Hi folks

Forgive me if I've asked this question in the past - memory isn't as good as it once was!!

Parish records pre 1837 - I know Bishops transcripts for Births.Baptisms, Marriages & Deaths will be available at the Chester Record Office. I also know about IGI Family Search which has been very useful but....

Question 1 - Am I right in thinking that the Bishops Transcripts and the IGI records are NOT the same thing?

Question 2 - Is it possible to purchase a CD or film/fiche of the Bishops Transcripts so that I can look at them at my leisure in the comfort of my own chair? Have been promising myself to get over to Chester on a day off BUT never seem to go - there's always something else to do.

Thanks in advance

Jan

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/

This thread: