CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2009-05 > 1242746124

From: Bob Owen <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] War Memorial at Burton - BIGGS
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:15:24 +0100

As advised by John - P/O William BIGGS was serving with 427 Squadron (Royal
Canadian Air Force) when he died. If you want any further details of his
death I can recommend "Bomber Command Losses Vol 4 - 1943 by W R Chorley.
Your local library will have a copy.
These volumes detail all the losses from Bomber Command WWII operations
including details of the aircraft & each crew member & whether they were
taken prisoner, injured, or killed in action. Final resting places are also
noted where known.

We owe the 55,000 Bomber Command crews who died and those who were lucky to
survive, a far greater debt of gratitude than they receive.

Bob Owen
Nottingham