CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2010-03 > 1269185369

From: judy olsen <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] Pemberton's Huff
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:29:29 +0000

One thing that occurred to me was the possible significance of the
dates. Your blog refers to the land being allocated in the 17thc and
formalised in the 18th. Which makes me think "*which* king"?.

Land and privileges were often a reward for support of some kind -
put another way, the faction that was dominant at any one time would
be more likely to benefit from any handouts that were going (plus ca
change).

Could it be (for example) that George snr supported the new monarchs
William & Mary, who got the throne around the time of their son's
birth? Or does the story refer to earlier events?

Judy