CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2010-11 > 1290772623

From: Marc Smith <>
Subject: [CHS] Burial/cremation records
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:57:03 +0000

Hello

I would be grateful if anybody could offer some advice regarding burial/cremation records. I am researching the HOUGH family name and I am actively trying to track down burial/cremation records for several generations of the family from 1800 – 1900. The family all lived in the Grappenhall and Latchford areas of Warrington, but I have only managed to track down one gravestone, which is in St Wilfrid’s churchyard in Grappenhall. I am particularly interested in finding out burial/cremation records for Richard Hough (b. Appleton 1829) and his son Aaron Hough (b. Grappenhall 1861, d. Warrington, 1888). Richard and his wife Elizabeth had eleven children including Aaron, so perhaps there is a family plot somewhere.
I have searched burials database on Warrington council’s website, but have found no trace of them in any cemetery. The website seems to convey that records are available for some burials, but not cremations before 1970. I have even spent a day trawling round Warrington cemetery, with no luck.
Am I looking in the wrong place? Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome!
Many thanks
Marc Smith
Sport Newspapers Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 1994074
Registered address: Express Building, 19 Great Ancoats St, Manchester, M60 4BT.

This thread: