CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2011-04 > 1303203700

From: Joy Langdon <>
Subject: Re: [CHS] LEWIS MINARD and EVA REYNOLDS
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:01:40 +0100 (BST)

I can tell you that they married in the Dec quarter of 1911 in the Bucklow
registration district.  If you obtained their marriage certificate it would give
their fathers names and occupation which would help identify them on census
returns.  Birth, Marriage and Death registrations are indexed on FreeBMD and can
be searched online:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

There are two MINARD births registered with REYNOLDS as the mother's name:
Doris E MINARD Dec 1912 Bucklow district Vol 8a page 310
Lilian J MINARD Jun 1918 Hungerford registration district Vol 2c page 459

There is a birth of a Lewis MINARD registered Sep 1881 in Hereford district
which may be yours.  There are many possibilities for Eva.  The marriage
certificate would give her age which might narrow it down.  I didn't try using
alternative spellings which might reveal more possibles.

I found the following on the RN Registers of Seamen's Services on the National
Archives website which may or may not be relevant to you:
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?queryType=1&resultcount=1&Edoc_Id=7308828

Hope this helps,

Joy