CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2011-12 > 1324900948

From: "Beverly Alexander" <>
Subject: [CHS] Current dead End: Thomas Watkins,father of Jane Elizabeth Watkins 1893 - 1928
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 07:02:28 -0500

Cheshire Researchers,

I would appreciate any help on a line that I have drawn a blank on very
early. I am attempting to help my cousin's husband with his family
research. We have had very good luck and progress on most of his lines,
many to at least 6 and 7 generations. But, ..

His paternal grandmother he has no personal knowledge of, and the only
record that I have found on her is her marriage to William HASSALL on 16 Jan
1915 at West Derby, Liverpool, Cheshire in the Register Office. That record
lists her father as Thomas WATKINS a "Railway Yoods Fronter"(could be
froster, but it is definitely Yoods not Yards, which has me confused.). I
have not found her with her family, and don't know where to go next.

Jane Elizabeth WATKINS was b. Abt 1893 (from her death record). Married
William HASSALL on 16 Jan 1915 at West Derby, Liverpool, Cheshire in the
Register Office (that record gives her father's name as Thomas Watkins).
She died 10 Aug 1928 at 110 Bucks Rd., Douglas, Isle of Man, leaving a
husband William Hassall of 7 Stonehills Lane, Runcorn, Cheshire.

In the US, death certificates would give parents names and place of births,
that information is not contained in English death records, so I am lost as
to where to go now.

Would appreciate any guidance and help.

Thank you in advance.

Beverly Alexander