CHESHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > CHESHIRE > 2012-04 > 1334233058

From: flanagan jean <>
Subject: [CHS] Copy of Administration
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:17:38 +0100

Hi Listers,

I'm trying to obtain a copy of an Administration of a person who died 1908
Manchester the probate date 1909. I had sent off to Lancashire Record
Office, I have had copies of wills many times for the cost of £5 from
there. I received a reply saying they don't hold information for Manchester
1908/1909, and advised me to contact, Manchester District Probate Registry,
there is a phone number, but when phoning it, there is a constant engaged
tone. I then sent off a message through their website, I have received an
email stating that the cost would £49 plus VAT. Has any other person been
quoted this amount?

I would be grateful for any suggestions of how I can obtain a copy of the
Administration that would cost the price I have paid previously, or even a
bit more taking into account inflation. I do have the probate information,
so there is no need for a search to be done.

Regards.
Jean Flanagan.

This thread: