CHILDRESS-L Archives

Archiver > CHILDRESS > 2000-07 > 0963433484

From: KAY <>
Subject: [Childress Research] CHILDRESS CHILDERS DANGLING INFORMATION
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:24:44 -0400

FYI,
KAY
Kay Cuz makes no claims or estimates of the validity of the information
submitted and reminds you that each new piece of information must be
researched and proved or disproved by weight of evidence.It is always
best to consult the original material for verification.
CHILDRES CEMETERY
Richardson, Lawrence Co., KY (Information compiled by Larry and Randy
Bowling)Note: This cemetery is in excellent condition, road is
accessible for car traffic, there are a few graves which are unmarked,
possibly those of children.

CLAUDE WILLIS CHILDRESS B. 02-24-1918 D. 12-28-1951

RECK CHILDRES HUSB. B. 06-16-1890 D. 11-04-1947
GOLDIE MAY CHILDRES WIFE B. 1894 D. 1974

NELLIE E. CHILDRES B. 12-02-1908 D. 12-29-1927

HADEN CHILDRES HUSB. B. 1850 D. 1943
MARY CHILDRES WIFE B. 1859 D. 1936

DIXIE CHILDRES B. 1899 D. 1938

GRACE CHILDRES PRESTON B. 03-10-1878 D. 04-22-1966

CLYDE R. CHILDRES HUSB. B. 09-04-1913 D. 09-21-1978
GEORGIA L. CHILDRES WIFE B. 05-07-1928 D. NO DATE
LESLIE BRETT CHILDRES SON B. 12-22-1965 D. 10-01-1970

WILL S. CHILDRES HUSB. B. 09-15-1883 D. 04-29-1944
MINTIE CHILDRES WARD WIFE B. 11-03-1895 D. 07-02-1978

FRANK CHILDRES HUSB. B. 01-01-1895 D. 02-01-1988
PENOLA CHILDRES WIFE B. 1908 D. 1974
BILLY CHILDRES SON B. 05-02-1932 D. 05-25-1988
BILLY E. CHILDRES G.SON B. 06-22-1951 D. 03-13-1992

HASKIE V. CHILDRES HUSB. B. 03-09-1907 D. 03-06-1969
LUCILLE S. CHILDRES WIFE B. 1920 D. 1984
Lee-Dodds Cemetery Lyon County Kentucky
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998
From: Del Gardner via Bill Utterback <>
Lee-Dodds Cemetery Lyon County

Childres,H. S. no dates
Childres,Joseph H. son of SC & MP Feb.7,1862--Jan.5,1876
Childres, Nellie dau of SC & MP Sept.3-Dec.8,1867
Childres, Pernice dau of SC Mar. 9, 1876--Nov. 20, 1886
Childres, James G. son of SC Mar. 27, 1870--May 13, 1890
MOSES PRESTON CEMETERY
Located on the west bank of the Levisa Fork
of the big Sandy River, above the mounth of
George's Creek, about 2 miles, Rt. 581, turn
left off Rt. 645, onto George's Creek at Ulysses,
LAWRENCE Co., Kentucky.

A. CHILDERS B. 04-30-1858 D. 03-31-1941

(UNKNOWN) CHILDRES B. 1898 1889

MARY CHILDRES B. 04-15-1875 D. 03-11-1898

MINTA CHILDRES B. 11-02-1883 D. 06-01-1944

MOSES CHILDRES B. 09-30- ? D. 08-01-1915
Lookout Cemetery, Pike County, Ky
Located at Lookout Ky in Pike Co. As you are facing L.E. Ratliff's
store and the Post Office the cemetery is across the road on the
left.Submitted by:

Wife of Emil B.Childers
Kate Childers 1890 1951
Flemmy s/o Emil & Kate Childers May 26 1910
Emil B.Childers ? ?

Flemon Childres 1851 1923

Barbara E.(Hylton)Childres 1859 ?
Wife of Flemon Childers

Eddy Childers 1904

James H. Childers Jul 28 1885 Sep 14 1898

Mellie Childers Jul 20 1872 Aug 28 1964

William P.Childress Oct 22 1874 Sep 09 1946

Elizabeth Childers Jan 00 1834 Apr 00 1930

Crit H.Childers Nov 00 1866 Dec 00 1890

INSCRIPTION:
A tender Mother,loving son precious ones from us is gone their voices we
love
and still a place is vacant in our hearts
which can never be filled
BURKE COUNTY, NC - VITALS - Cook Family Death Certificates
Death Certificate for Martha Jane Cook Childers

North Carolina State Board of Health Bureau of Vital Statistics
Certificate of Death Registration Dist. No. 12-00
Certificate No. 1
1. Place of Death:
(a) County Burke (b) Township Drexel
2. Home (Usual Residence) of Deceased:
(a) State NC (b) County Burke (c) City or Town Drexel
(f) Is place of residence in corporate limits? No
3. (a) Full Name Martha Jane Childers
4. Sex F
5. Color or Race W
6. Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced, Wid
8. AGE: Years 94 Months 2 Days 11
9. Birthplace Burke County
10. Usual occupation House work
FATHER
12. Name Jesse Cook
13. Birthplace Burke
16. (a) Informant's Signature M.L. Childres
(b) Address Worry NC
17 (c) Cemetery Burke Co.
(d) Location Burke Co.
18 (a) Funeral Director Kirksey & Co.
(b) Address Morganton NC
19 (a) Filed 5-3-1943 (b) J.L. Page Registrar
MEDICAL CERTIFICATION
20. Date of Death 1-11-1943, at 2 pm
21. I certify that death occured on the date above stated: that I
attended
deceased from 2/8/1943 to 2/8/1943
and that I last saw her alive on 2/8/1943
Immediate cause of death (?) informaties of old age
23. Signature F.O. Foard M.D.
Address Valdese
certificate number 401 Burke County courthouse

Death Certificate for Spicy Emaline Cook Childers

North Carolina State Board of Health Bureau of Vital Statistics
Certificate of Death Registration District No. 12-5140
Certificate No. 8
1. Place of Death
County Burke
Township Icard
2. Full Name Spicy Emaline Childers
PERSONAL AND STATISTICAL PARTICULARS
3. Male or Female Female
4. Color or Race White
5. Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced Married
6. Date of Birth Feb 8, 1839
7. Age 77 years 10 mos. 27 ds.
9. Birthplace Burke Co.
PARENTS
10. Name of Father Jessie Cook
11. Birthplace of Father Cleveland Co.
12. Name of Mother before Marriage Martha Aiken
13. Birthplace of Mother Burke Co.
14. The above is true to the best of my knowledge
(Informant) C.A. Childers (Address) Connelly Springs
15. Filed Feb 9, 1917 G.L. Stine B.C. Registrar
16. Date of Death Jan 5th 1917
17. I HEREBY CERTIFY, that I attended the deceased from Apr 21,
1916
to Nov 12th, 1916 that I last saw her alive on Nov 12th, 1916 and that

the cause of death occurred on the date above stated, at 4pm
The CAUSE OF DEATH was as follows:
Sarcoma of the calf of left-leg
(Duration) 10 mos.
(Signed) T.V. Goode, M.D. Feb 7, 1917
(Address) Connelly Springs, NC
19. Place of Burial or Removal Fairview Meth (?)
Date of Burial Jan 7, 1917
20. Undertaker S.U. Wilson Address Connelly Springs NC
certificate number 224 at Burke County Courthouse
BASSETT CEMETERY White Co,AR

George W. Childres Nov 8, 1912--Oct 25,1963

Freeman Childers June 22,1936-July 25,1967

Willie G Childers Feb 06,1894--Dec 03,1965

Ruth Ann Childers Apr 09,1901--Oct 25, 1995

Lear Childers Nov 15,1919--Aug 09,1988

Inez Childers Aug 17,1911-July 24,1989
Greenbrier County, West Virginia Greenbrier County Deaths
submitted by

CHILDERS, Allen d.7 July 1962 at Bellburn WV, WM, 59, miner,
married,coronary thrombosis

CHILDERS, Boyd M d.9 Jul 1917 at Sue WV, 3 mo

CHILDERS, Clark L. d.4 Nov 1921 at Sue WV, apoplexy, 81yr 4da,
farmer,widower, rpt-A.A. Slatton

CHILDERS, Floyd W. d.25 Apr 1935 at Caldwell WV, WM, 79, lobar
pneumonia,farmer, widowed

CHILDERS, George Summers d.18 Aug 1964 at Ronceverte WV, WM, 78,
laborer,married, cardiac decompensation hypertention severe organic
heart trouble

CHILDERS, Henry Mitchell d.20 Aug 1966 at Ronceverte WV, WM, 82,
millworker,married,coronary thrombosis arteriosclerotic heart disease

CHILDERS,John Sept1862 age 21 parents-Wm &Rebecca J Childers

CHILDERS, Julia d.1919 at Irish Corner, 56, widow,
rpt-E.B.Miller,Assessor-2Oct 1919

CHILDERS, Lavina d.17 Dec 1925, WF, 72yrs, kidney trouble, etc,
Anthony's Creek, housework, single, rpt-J.N. Hoke

CHILDERS, Lena Wyatt d.14 Nov 1948, WF, 51yr 8mo 18da, born-Caldwell
WV,cancer of breast, weaver, single

CHILDERS, Maggie J. d.7 Apr 1938 at Richlands WV, WF, 78yr 9mo,
housewife,widowed

CHILDERS, Mamie 1919, WF, Anthony Creek, 72, widow, rpt-E.B.
Miller,Assessor-2 Oct 1919

CHILDERS, Mary S Sept 1862 age 3 parents-Wm & Rebecca J Childers

CHILDERS, Minty E. d.6 Sep 1918 at Falling Spring, WF, 54yr 5no
21da,housewife, married, rpt-S.A. McFerris

CHILDERS,Nancy E Sept,1862 age 5parents-Wm&Rebecca J Childers

CHILDERS, Opha Orville d.27 July 1964 at Ronceverte WV, WM, 42,
upholster,married, car ran into bridge-skull fracture etc.
w/irreversible shock

CHILDERS (CHILDRESS), Robert Wilson d.5 Aug 1931, 10yr 6mo
11da,peronitis-cause unknown, White Sulphur

CHILDERS, Ura d.15 Nov 1925 at Ronceverte Hosp., WM, 29yr, amputation of
leg, miner, married, rpt- Allen Childers

CHILDERS, Violet Gertrude d.15 Aug 1934 at Alvon WV, WF, dysentery, 2yr
9mo 18da

CHILDERS, Wm E. d.23 Jan 1933 at Maxwellton WV, 45yr 7mo 20da, influenza
followed by pneumonia, farmer, married

CHILDERS, William Forest d.28 Apr 1954 at Crawley WV, WM, 67, railroad
section foreman, married, coronary occlusion w/myocardial infarction

CHILDERS, Wm. Jennings d.5 Jan 1953 at Caldwell WV, WM, 48, farmer,
single,acute hemorrhage
AYLOR Cemetery Butler Co Ky Located off Mill Shed Rd on old JOE TAYLOR
farm, Now owned by CLEOT GABBARD.List copied June 1975.

CHILDERS,CALPERINIE 1868 to June 6 1892 w/o TOM CHILDERS
CHILDERS,TOM NO DATES Brother to CHARLIE C CHILDRES
Patrick County Death Records 1853-1870

N Childress,Annie DOD 7 Sep 1865 A 10 s F
COD Fever P Martin and Frances Childre
POB PCVA POD PCVA
H W I

N Childress,Francis M. DOD 7 Dec 1862 A 2 s M
COD Diptheria P Martin and Frances Childre
POB PCVA POD PCVA
Halifax County, VA - Obituaries: The Gazette-Virginian - October 1999 By
permission of The Gazette-Virginian http://www.gazettevirginian.com

Hassie Newberry Childrey
Hassie Newberry Childrey, age 92, of 279 Main Street, Halifax, died
October 11, 1999, at Halifax Regional Hospital.
Mr. Childrey was born in Halifax County on June 14, 1907 the son of
Robert Alfred Childrey and Sallie Bet Gholson Childrey
and was married to Fannie Powell Childrey. He was a member of Dan River
Baptist Church.Survivors include his wife; one son and daughter-in-law,
Garland and Mary Jean Childrey of Halifax; and one granddaughter,Cynthia
Ann Childrey of Flagstaff, Ariz.
Funeral services for Mr. Childrey will be held October 13, at 2:00 p.m.,
at Dan River Baptist Church with Revs. Dr. Melvin
Bradshaw and Paul King conducting the service. Burial will take place in
the church cemetery.
Jason H Jones=

The Kentucky Jones'
and
The Brier Patch
by Jason H. Jones

Descendants of John Childreford
Generation No. 1

1. JOHN1 CHILDREFORD was born March 22, 1753 in Rowan, North Carolina.
JOHN CHILDREFORD:The following is from the family Bible of John
Childers.I hope it helps any Childers researchers. I descend from his
son James Alfred Childers. It is written exactly (including spelling) as
is in the Bible. Personal notes are in ( ). If anyone is researching
this line I would loveto exchange info.

John Childreford Book March 22nd 1753
John Childris 10-24-1791
Rody Childers Oct. 8, 1790 (I think Rhoda? Rody was Johns first wife,
not sure whether her maiden name was Chiders or if he was using her
married name)
(I think these are the children of John and first wife)
1.Henden Childris Sept. 14, 1812 (believe Hiram)
George W. (Washington) Childris March 1, 1817 (m. Mary Ham 5-21-1841)
2.James 2.Franklin
Childris Apr. 1, 1818? (m. Susannah Sexton ca 1842)
3.Mehulda
Childris Feb. 17,
1821
4.Holbert Childris April 8, 1823 (m. Marry Parry in Knox Co., Tn. 1866).

Delila 5.(Deliliah)
Childris Nov. 28, 1825 (m. Hiram Sexton) Susan Jane Childris Dec.
17,1828
6.Emily Childris May 10, 1831

(John then married Elizabeth Smith w/o John Smith and these names were
then in the Bible, Believe the Smith children to be Elizabeth's by John
Smith. The other names are unknown, they may be people that have married
into the family).

William A. Barnett Apr. 19, 1827
Mark Anderson Smith Aug. 27, 1822
John Washington Smith Oct. 24, 1826
Eliza Smith Jan. 15, 1829
William Madten Smith Feb. 7, 1831

(John's children by 2nd wife Elizabeth)
1.Zeb Alford Childris Feb.22,1836 (This could be Jeb Alford)

2.Martha Childris Sept. 2, 1838

3.Elias Childris Sept8,1843(grave marker spells it Childress)
grandchildren of John and the others people that had married into the
family or grandchildren of the female children of John hence not having
the Childers last name. Note the
change of spelling of Childris)

1.James Harmon Childers Jan. 12, 1883
2.Mary Martha Childers Jan. 22, 1873
3.Vica Childers Dec. 29, 1876 (wife of Linza Childers)
4,Emby E. Childers Nov. 12, 1898
5.David Sluder m. Eliza. Smith Oct. 27, 1848
6.John Milford Williams Oct16,1857 s/oWestly&Martha Williams
7.James alford Williams May. 12, 1862
8.Elisebeth Abbit May 22, 1866
9.Linza Childers Apr. 3, 1873
10.John Childers May 22, 1870
11.Jane Barnett Feb. 8, 1845

Children of JOHN CHILDREFORD are:
2.
i.JOHN (CHILDRIS)2 CHILDERS, b. October 24, 1791, Surry County, North
Carolina; d.July 07, 1859, Knox County,KY.

ii.WILLIAM CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1793.

Generation No. 2
2. JOHN (CHILDRIS)2 CHILDERS (JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born October 24,
1791 in Surry County, North Carolina, and died July 07, 1859 in Knox
County, Kentucky. He married (1) ELIZABETH SMITH. He married (2) RHODA
(RODY) 1812 in Ashe Co NC. She was born October 08,1790 in Ashe, North
Carolina.
JOHN (CHILDRIS) CHILDERS:Many different John Childers are named in books
about NC, TN and KY. The LDS files were contributed by a Blevins
relative of a sister of Drewry Childers. They give me the only dates I
could find for his birth and death and his wives' names. I have been
unable to obtain certificates to verify them. It also said his father
may have been John but his wife's name is unknown. Estimating the
father's birth twenty years earlier - about 1770 I have included
possibilities between 1770 and 1859.
I collected many articles and included some of them. I have not been
able to identify any of them as our John for certain. You will find a
petition signer, a marshall who became sheriff, a land owner and even a
murderer (but his dates do not jibe with ours. Thank goodness! )There
are also several in the early census lists in various counties of North
Carolina and Kentucky. The ones in middle Virginia seem to be an
entirely different family with Abraham Childress as the patriarch and a
son John in the late 1600s so I did not include them. 1999 it seems we
may be connected after all and I am investigating.
You are all aware of the different spellings - Childers and Childress
even by brothers - but sometimes the uneducated census taker or army
clerk also spelled it Childris, Childres, Childes and Chides.
JOHN CHILDERS.1780 Signed a memorial in Kentucky about the Virginia
territory. B24 v2 p46
1781 to 1791 Nicholas Proctor filed a suit against John Childers in
Lincoln County, KY. The court ordered that the suit be discontinued. B44
p70
1782 Listed living in Rutherford, NC D310
1784 North Carolina census has John Childress in Capt Hickman's district
with 1 m adult, 6 males under 21, 2 females, 2 blacks & 3 beef(?) List
taken by John Childris.
In Warren County there was a John Childres with 2 males and 2 females.
Another had 1 male, 3 younger or older and 2 females B38
pp146,161, 1786 Listed in
Hickman's District, Surry, NC.
1798 June 19 John McClure filed a land claim and again Aug 2, 1799. B89
p213 &243
1800 July 7 John Childress had a letter remaining in the Knoxville Post
Office. B134 p238
1801 or before 1820 John McClure had land for sale in Jessamine County,
KY Oct 14 John had a letter remaining in the Knoxville Post Office. B134
p287 In Nashville a petition of citizens of Davidson Co for the
emancipation of a negro man, Bob, was signed by John Childress Sr and
many others. B1542 p169
1802 January John owned 228 acres in Robertson County, TN. B134 p28
1803 September The Supreme court found Stephen Duncan, John Childers and
Joseph Duncan guilty of the murder of Joseph Ravenhill.John and Stephen
were to executed on the 21st. From the Tenn. Gazette vol. 3 #50. B134
p62
1803 Aug 31 a lottery was to be held for a town lot on Market Street in
Nashville. Interested persons were to contact John Childress. He and
four others were managers of a lottery held for the purpose of building
a new jail. (He is likely the one who was sheriff.) B134 p77 John
Childress, Jr was listed as Marshall along with Thomas Childress, M S
deputy. B134 p81
1805 March 27 J and T Childress posted a notice that they wanted to buy
ginned cotton. B134 p94 October J Childress Jr is the marshall in
Nashville, TN. B134 p110
1807 Oct 1 J and T Childress had unclaimed mail in the Nashville post
office B134 p196 John Childers was the Benton County, TN surveyor. B131
p611
1808 Feb 16 Listed for unpaid taxes on 1000 acres in Williamson County,
TN B134 p303
1810 Land Grants list for Giles County TN include John Childers for 300
acres. B131 p577
1814 April 15 John Childers of Davidson Co TN conveys land on Fountain
and Globe Creeks to Sterling C Robertson. B17 p247
In Tennessee Genealogical Records, collected from State Archives in
Nashville and twenty court houses, we find John Childress as a Justice
of the Peace. B17p 56
He was given a surveyor's certificate # 2045 between Nov 1814 and May
1816. B17 p157)
1833 June 5 Will of Philip Ament lists John Childers as son-in-law and
daughter Catherine Childers. This is probably not our John of 1791.B132
p16
You will see the census listing our John in the 1850 census with
Elizabeth and His wife, Elizabeth, is in the 1860 Knox KY Census with
son, Elias, which indicates John did die in 1859. Earlier census did not
include any family names, only the male head of household, so those
records do not give us information or dates for wife Rhoda. North
Carolina court
house records do not go back far enough for us to get birth or death
certificates. Even Raleigh is no help that early. From the LDS computer
I got his death date but when the Kentucky Dept of Archives searched
public records for 1858 and 1859 they did not find a death certificate
in Knox County. Received a copy of his will in 1999 as
follows: THE WILL OF JOHN CHILDERS
(from Knox County KY Will Book B p 355)
In the name of God Amen I John Childers of Knox County and
State of Kentucky being of sound mind and memory and considering the
uncertainty of this frail and transitory life do therefore make and
ordain publish and declare this be to my last will and testament that
is to say First after all my lawful debts are paid and discharged the
residue of my estate real and personal I give and bequeath and dispose
of as follows ( to wit) To my wife Elizabeth during her natural life all
my land and personal property and after my said wife's death the land to
be divided between my two youngest sons.Alfred Childers and Elias
Childers as follows I give and bequeath unto my son Alfred ten Acres of
land adjoining the land that I deeded to him on the first day of
this Instant (July) The balance of the land Igive and bequeath unto my
son Elias & I give and bequeath unto my daughter Martha Childers all the
personal property that will be remaining at wife Elizabeth's death In
witness where of I have here unto ascribed my name and offered my seal
this seventh day of July 1859
AP Ernest John Childers
Martin Roarck his mark
Knox County Court July Sevan 1859
JOHN (CHILDRIS) CHILDERS:Burial: July 10, 1859, Knox County, Kentucky
Children of JOHN CHILDERS and ELIZABETH SMITH are:
i.JEB ALFRED3 CHILDERS, b. February 22, 1836.

iiMARTHA CHILDERS, b. September 02, 1838.

3.
iii.ELIAS CHILDERS, b. September 08, 1843.

Children of JOHN CHILDERS and RHODA (RODY) are:
iv.HENDON HIRAM3 CHILDERS, b. September 14, 1812, Ashe, North
Carolina.
4.
v.GEORGE WASHINGTON CHILDERS, b. March 01, 1817, Ashe Co N C Settled in
Knox Co KY; d. Aft.1897,Knox Co KY Buried Knox Co.

5.
vi.JAMES FRANKLIN CHILDERS, b. April 01, 1818, Surry Ashe Co NC Farmer;
d. Aft. 1880, Knox Co KY Buried Knox Co KY Confed. Vet..

viiMEHULDA CHILDERS, b. February 17, 1821, Ashe, North Carolina.

6.
viii.HOLBERT CHILDERS, b. April 08, 1823, Ashe, North Carolina; d. March
30, 1900, Somerset, Pulaski County, Kentucky.

7.ix.DELILAH CHILDERS, b. November 28, 1825, Surry Ashe Co NC; d.
February 09, 1914, ?(other death date 9 feb 1908) Buried in Ashe Co NC.

xSUSAN JANE CHILDERS, b. December 17, 1828, Surry County, North
Carolina.

xi.EMILY CHILDERS, b. May 10, 1831, Surry County, North Carolina.

Generation No. 3
3. ELIAS3 CHILDERS (JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born
September 08, 1843. He married FANNIE RICHARDSON.
Child of ELIAS CHILDERS and FANNIE RICHARDSON is:
8.
iMARY MARTHA4 CHILDERS, b. 1875; d. 1961.

4. GEORGE WASHINGTON3 CHILDERS (JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was
born March 01, 1817 in Ashe Co N C Settled in Knox Co KY, and died Aft.
1897 in Knox Co KY Buried Knox Co. He married MARY " POLLY" HAMM May 21,
1841 in Ashe Co N C. She was born 1821 in NC, and died in Knox KY.
during the Civil War, George Washington Childers was a member of Company
I of the 64th Virginia Infantry. They were recruited in 1861
and became the Virginia Calvary in 1863 at Cumberland Gap according to a
letter of General Humphrey Marshall written at Abingdon VA Dec 14 1862.
Children of GEORGE CHILDERS and MARY HAMM are:
i.HENDON HIRAM JR4 CHILDERS,b.1843,NC Census1870 Elk Crk Twp Grayson VA
roll 1649 p176 m.MARY ANN ASHLEY;b.1868;d. 930.

ii.JOHN CHILDERS, b. 1844, NC.

iii.MARY A CHILDERS, b. 1845, NC.

iv.DELILA CHILDERS, b. 1847, NC.

v.THOMAS CHILDERS, b. 1848, NC.

vi.JANE CHILDERS, b. 1850, KY.

vii.JAMES JR CHILDERS, b. 1851, KY.

viii.AMERICA CHILDERS, b. 1853, KY; m. CHARLES HAMMOND, January 25,
1882, KY; b. Abt. 1853.

ix.JESSIE CHILDERS, b. 1855, KY.

x.PARKER CHILDERS, b. 1858, KY.

5. JAMES FRANKLIN3 CHILDERS (JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was
born April 01, 1818 in Surry Ashe Co NC Farmer, and died Aft 1880 in
Knox Co KY Buried Knox Co KY Confed. Vet.. He married (1) SUSANNAH
"SUSANNE" SEXTON 1842 in Ashe NC Divorced by 1880,daughter of
WILLIAM"OLD SEXTON and SUSANNE WALLACE. She was born March 18, 1822 in
Grayson Co VA Member of Baptist Church,and died January 27, 1907 in Ashe
Co N C Buried 30 Jan in Ashe Co NC. He married (2) MATILDA FOX 1877. She
was born Abt. 1856 in Surry,Ashe,NC.

Children of JAMES CHILDERS and SUSANNAH SEXTON are:
9.i.CALVIN CHILDERS4 SR,b.1843, Ashe Co NC; d. May 12, 1864, Confed.died
in Civil war Buried in Spotsylvania Sylvania VA.

10.ii.JOHN A. CHILDERS,b.Oct 10,1845,Ashe Co NC Census 1850 thru1920
Helton Twp Ashe NC;d.Jan 10,1933, Buried 13 Jan in Dixon Cem Ashe NC
Served in Confed army, wounded twice.

11.iii.ELIZABETH 'BETTY' CHILDERS, b. 1847, Ashe Co NC; d. 1910, Ashe Co
NC buried there.

12.iv.WILLIAM MASON CHILDERS, b. April 02, 1850, Ashe Co NC Moved to VA
C1920 p8B; d. January 10, 1934, Buried in McClure Cem. Smyth Co VA Obit.
Smyth Co News.

13.v.NANCY CHILDERS, b. May 19, 1853, Ashe Co NC; d. March 28, 1929, How
Orchard
VA.
14.vi.JAMES FRANKLIN(JR) CHILDERS, b.1856,Ashe Co NC;d. 1935, Bridal
Creek Grayson VA Buried in Azion Cem. Konnarock Va.

vii.RUTH CHILDERS, b. April 17, 1859, Piney Creek Ashe CO NC; d. 1877;
m. (1) WILLIAM BARKER; b. Abt. 1859; m. (2) WESLEY HODLER, April 17,
1887; b. 1855, Ashe, NC.

6. HOLBERT3 CHILDERS (JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born
April 08, 1823 in Ashe, North Carolina, and died March 30, 1900 in
Somerset, Pulaski County, Kentucky. He married (1) MARY PARRY. She was
born 1842. He married (2) ELIZABETH JANE JONES April 11, 1849 in
Kentucky, daughter of GEORGE JONES and MARY GAINES. She was born 1828,
and died Bet. 1862 - 1866. HOLBERT CHILDERS:Occupation: Farmer
Children of HOLBERT CHILDERS and MARY PARRY are:
i.THOMAS4 CHILDERS, b. 1869.
ii.EMELINE CHILDERS, b. 1871.
iii.FRANKLIN CHILDERS, b. 1872.
iv.EDDIE CHILDERS, b. 1875.
v.SALLIE CHILDERS, b. 1877.
vi.LEONA CHILDERS.

Children of HOLBERT CHILDERS and ELIZABETH JONES are:
15. viiANDREW JAMES4 CHILDERS, b. March 08, 1850, Pulaski County,
Kentucky; d. August 02, 1932.

viii.MARY (MOLLY) J. CHILDERS, b. June 30, 1854, Pulaski County,
Kentucky; d. 1927, Tennessee.
MARY (MOLLY) J. CHILDERS: 30 Jun 1854 Mary J. Childers F/A Hobert
Childers Eliza J. Jones

ix.HARRIET A. CHILDERS, b. 1857.
x.COLUMBUS CHILDERS, b. 1860.
xi.GEORGE WASHINGTON CHILDERS, b. 1862.

7. DELILAH3 CHILDERS (JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born
November 28, 1825 in Surry Ashe Co NC, and died February 09,1914 in
?(other death date 9 feb 1908) Buried in Ashe Co NC. She married HIRAM
LUKE SEXTON 1849 in Ashe CO NC, son of THORNTON SEXTON and EASTER
WALLACE. He was born November 06, 1827 in Surry Ashe Co NC.

Generation No. 4

8. MARY MARTHA4 CHILDERS (ELIAS3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD)
was born 1875, and died 1961. She married JAMES WILEY WORLEY, son of
WILEY WORLEY and NANCY ROSE. He was born 1870, and died 1947.

9. CALVIN CHILDERS4 SR (JAMES FRANKLIN3 CHILDERS, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2,
JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born 1843 in Ashe Co NC, and died May 12, 1864 in
Confed. died in Civil war Buried in Spotsylvania Sylvania VA. He married
MARGARET CULLOP 1863 in Ashe Co NC, daughter of JACOB CULLOP and
MARGARET JOHNSTON. She was born 1844 in Smyth Co VA. Calvin enlisted at
age 18 on May 1862 and was discharged Feb 1863. Re-enlisted in his old
Company A, known as the Beauregard Riflemen, Nov 1863.
Promoted to Cpl 14 Dec 1863. Killed 12 May 1864 in action at
Spotsylvania Courthouse in the Civil War and buried in a mass grave by
civilians. Information obtained from Civil War Records B200 After Calvin
was killed in the Civil War, his wife Margaret Cullop left their two
small children, Susanne and Calvin Jr. to be raised by their
grandparents, James Franklin Childers and Susan, and returned home to
her parents in Smyth County, VA. B30

Children of CALVIN SR and MARGARET CULLOP are:
16.i.SUSANNE "SUSIE"5 CHILDERS, b. November 30, 1863, Ashe Co N C; d.Jan
16,1941,Buried in A Hart Cem.(unmarked)Nella NC.

ii.CALVIN (JR) CHILDERS, b. 1864.

10. JOHN A.4 CHILDERS (JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1
CHILDREFORD) was born October 10, 1845 in Ashe Co NC Census 1850 thru
1920 Helton Twshp Ashe NC, and died January 10, 1933 in Buried 13 Jan in
Dixon Cem Ashe NC Served in Confed army, wounded twice. He married (1)
CAROLINE TESTERMAN September 20, 1867 in Ashe NC by J C Eller(J P) no
bondsman LDS fiche 6 330 291. She was born April 03, 1852 in NC C1870 &
1880, and died August 10, 1882. He married (2) MARY JANE BALDWIN March
18, 1883 in Ashe Co NC. She was born 1851 in Ashe Co NC, and died 1891.
He married (3) CLARISA SEXTON December 15, 1892 in Ashe Co NC.She was
born July 19,1850 in NC C1910 & 1920.
Child of JOHN CHILDERS and CAROLINE TESTERMAN is:
i.ROBY5 CHILDERS, b. 1870, NC.

11. ELIZABETH 'BETTY'4 CHILDERS (JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2,
JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born 1847 in Ashe Co NC, and died 1910 in Ashe Co
NC buried there. She married (1) CICERO BLEVINS September 01, 1872 in
Ashe Co NC, son of DANIEL BLEVINS and LUCY DICKSON. He was born 1852 in
Ashe Co NC, and died August 07,1881 in Ashe Co NC Died of tb per family
tradition age 28?. She married (2) WILEY HURLEY February 28, 1886 in
Ashe Co NC. He was born Abt. 1845 in Ashe Co NC.

12. WILLIAM MASON4 CHILDERS(JAMES FRANKLIN3,JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1
CHILDREFORD) was born April 02, 1850 in Ashe Co NC Moved to VA C1920
p8B, and died January 10, 1934 in Buried in McClure Cem. Smyth Co VA
Obit. Smyth Co News. He married (1) SULLIVAN in Ashe Co NC. She was born
Abt. 1850. He married (2) AMANDA ASHLEY January 1871 in Ashe Co NC. She
was born Abt. 1854 in Groses's Creek Smyth Co VA. He married (3)
CAROLINE HARTZOG January 12, 1871 in Ashe Co NC by Elicum Ayers H Bond
no. 00001649, daughter of PAUL HARTZOG and BARBARA HARTZOG. She was born
April 29, 1853 in Ashe Co NC C1870 p477 Lived Helton Ashe NC 16 yrs old,
and died July 24, 1921 in Buried in McClure Cem. Smyth VA. He married
(4) VIRGIINIA 'FANNIE' GRINSTEAD FERRIS CASSELL March 29, 1933 in
Seven Mile Ford Smyth Co VA, daughter of CHARLES GRINSTEAD and EUNICE
GRINSTEAD. She was born Abt. 1854 in Ashe, NC.
WILL CHILDERS 1850-1934 was brought up in North Carolina and was nearly
fifty when he and Caroline brought their family of ten children over the
mountain from North Carolina about 1898. He ran a little store on St
Clair's Creek, near where the bridge crosses the creek down past the
McClure place. It was a 'jot em down store" and anything a farmer needed
from food and fabric to liquor by the barrrel and saddles. Ola Childers
who married his son grandson Joe, remembers when she named her second
son William Ralph and ole Will was so touched at having a namesake he
gave her enough fabric to make two little aprons for the baby.
One day a man came by and saw an old, very skinny horse over by the
fence. He asked Will, "Do you make horses here?" "No, why do you ask?"
said Will. " I thought maybe you did as I saw that old frame over there"
the man said. Bet all those fellows who hung 'round the store got a
laugh over that.
Another time an old drunk was in the store. He had a lot of money as
he had come to buy cattle. But the old fellow had gotten very drunk so
Will took the guy's money and put it in a safe place for him. Next
morning the drunk was very upset - thought he'd lost all his money and
couldn't buy the cattle. But of course Grandpa Will was an honest man
and returned the money having kept it safe for him all night.They got
another laugh round the old stove that day, too. I wonder if they played
checkers there like they did in Les Blevins store later. One Halloween
some kids put manure on his fence gate and when Will got it on his hand
he yelled to his wife. "My God, Carline, I got manure all over me!" Now
it is laughable but likely it wasn't at the time. (Manure was not the
word he yelled but to protect the innocentm, I changed it to
manure:)kay)
Amanda Ashley, his second wife, tried to poison Will when he said he
was leaving her. Guess it didn't work as he seems to have settled down
and had a big family with Caroline Hartsog. Besides the three wives, he
is said to have had a baby by one of his wives' sisters. The baby was
named Margaret and called Maggie. She grew up and married a preacher
named Thompson. They had a son named Chester who was killed at Normandy
on D Day in WWII. The destroyer he was on was destroyed and no body was
found. Chester's name is on the Normandy memorial according to
descendant Jan Moy of Arizona.
Will's marriage to Caroline is recorded at the Court House in Jefferson,
Ashe, NC.
Caroline Hartsog is found in the North Carolina Census of 1860 with her
parents p758 Chestnut Hill Ashe Co Paul Hartzog 35 farmer born in NC
(about 1825) Barbara 22 Wiliiam __
Caroline 7 Amanda 6 1870 Helton Ashe Co NC p477 Caroline Hartzagg 16
(alone) Her grandparents were Paulus Hartzog and Juliana Hasselburger
both born about 1800.
Children of WILLIAM CHILDERS and CAROLINE HARTZOG are:
20.i.BARBARA ELIZABETH5 CHILDERS, b. December 02, 1872, Grassy Creek
Ashe Co NC; d. May 07, 1952, Marion Smyth Co VA Buried Riverside Cem
Chilhowie VA.

21.ii.DREWRY MASON CHILDERS, b. June 22, 1874, Grassy Creek Ashe Co NC
Census 1880 1910 1920 p8B; d. February 01, 1963, Chilhowie Smyth Co VA
Obit. Smyth County News.

iii.SUSANNE CHILDERS, b. May 25, 1876, Grassy Creek, Ashe, NC; d.
September 18, 1945, Buried in Sulphur Springs Cem., Smyth, VA; m. ALLEN
BROOKS, May 16, 1892; b. December 08, 1870; d. September 18, 1945.

iv.MARTHA N CHILDERS, b. September 29, 1878, Grassy Creek Ashe Co NC; m.
ROY HAGA, August 14, 1898; b. Abt. 1878.

22.v.CORDELIA CHILDERS, b. March 28, 1881, Grassy Creek Ashe Co NC; d.
September 14 1963, Smyth Co VA Buried Mcclure Cem.

vi.CHARLEY CHILDERS, b. February 11, 1884, Grassy Creek Ashe, NC; d.
February 11, 1884, Grassy Creek Ashe, NC.

23.vii.JOSEPH WILLIAM CHILDERS, b. February 06, 1887, Grassy Creek,
Ashe, NC; d. June 1944, Susong Cemetery.

viii.JOHN CHILDERS, b. February 25, 1889, Grassy Creek Ashe, NC; d.
February 1938; m. JULIE YOUNG; b. 1893.

ix.LINA CHILDERS, b. February 13, 1892, Grassy Creek Ashe Co NC; m.
WALTER COMERS, July 1915; b. Abt. 1892.

24.x.MINNIE C CHILDERS, b. July 15, 1896, Grassy Creek Ashe Co NC; d.
January 08, 1977, Smyth Co VA.

13. NANCY4 CHILDERS (JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1
CHILDREFORD) was born May 19, 1853 in Ashe Co NC, and died March 28,
1929 in How Orchard VA. She married GRANVILLE MAINE FARMER February 17,
1875 in Ashe Co NC, son of WILSON FARMER and SUSAN WYATT. He was born
June 27, 1856 in Ashe Co NC, and died July 18, 1891 in Haw Orchard Cem.
Rugby VA.

14. JAMES FRANKLIN(JR)4 CHILDERS (JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2,
JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born 1856 in Ashe Co NC, and died 1935 in Bridal
Creek Grayson VA Buried in Azion Cem. Konnarock Va. He married ELLEN
VIRGINIA ANDERSON 1887 in Ashe Co NC. She was born August 16, 1861 in
Asheville Buncombe NC.
Children of JAMES CHILDERS and ELLEN ANDERSON are:
i.JETTIE JANE ANDERSON5 CHILDERS, b. January 16, 1879, Asheville
Buncombe Co NC m. (1) LOUIS HAROLD NORMAN; b. Abt. 1875, Asheville,
Buncombe, NC; m. (2) GEORGE WILLIAM ELLIS; b. Abt. 1883, Wilkes Co NC.

ii.REV JOSEPH 'CEPHAS' CHILDERS, b. March 02, 1888, Piney Creek Ashe Co
NC Dau Ellen Reb Childress b&d1920; m. SUSANNE CAUDILL, January 12,
1907, Grassy CreekAshe Co NC H; b. June 13, 1883, Ashe, NC.

25.iii.SUSANNE CHILDERS,b.March 06,1891;d.September 02,1957.

iv.NANCY ELIZABETH CHILDERS, b. January 20, 1892; m. AMBROSE TESTERMAN;
b.February 26, 1892, Ashe Co NC.

v.REV JOHN WESLEY CHILDERS, b. June 13, 1895, Roberts Ashe Co NC; m. (1)
ANNA MAC DAVIS; b. February 07, 1936, Darlington, Harford, MD; m. (2)
MAUDE WAMPLE; b. Abt. 1899; m. (3) ABIGAIL FLE; b. 1899, Roberts, Ashe,
NC; m. (4) RETA BOLD; b.
Abt. 1899, Roberts, Ashe, NC; m. (5) DELIA ANN BLEVINS, June 18, 1915, ,
Ashe, NC; b. October 16, 1889; d. 1918.

vi.REV WILLIAM CALVIN CHILDERS, b. March 07, 1897, Ashe Co N C Had four
wives; m. FANNIE BLEVINS, March 16, 1916; b. Abt. 1894, Piney Creek Ashe
Co NC.

26.vii.RUTH CHILDERS, b. June 20, 1900, Roberts Ashe Co NC.

15. ANDREW JAMES4 CHILDERS (HOLBERT3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1
CHILDREFORD) was born March 08, 1850 in Pulaski County, Kentucky,and
died August 02, 1932. He married SARAH J. SELLARS (SELLERS) November 13,
1870 in Sulphur Springs School, Pulaski County,Kentucky, daughter of
HENRY SELLARS and MARY COFFEY. She was born 1847 in Pulaski County,
Kentucky, and died Bet. 1880 - 1886. Surety: A.M. Strunk
Marriage Notes for ANDREW CHILDERS and SARAH (SELLERS):
13 Nov 1870 Childers, Andrew J. 20 1st. b. PC. F. b.US. M. b.US Sellers,
Sarah J. 21 1st. b. PC. F. b. PC. M. b. PC.
AHO: Sulpher Springs, Pulaski Co., KY Sur. A.M. Strunk
Children of ANDREW CHILDERS and SARAH (SELLERS) are:
27.i.WILLIAM HENRY5 CHILDERS, b. October 30, 1871, Perkins Lake,
Kentucky;d.April 02,1940,McCrearyCo/Pulaski,Kentucky

28.ii.HOLBERT JEFFERSON CHILDERS, b. April 1877.
iii.HARRIET CHILDERS, b. 1880.
iv.ROBERT CHILDERS.
v.COLUMBUS CHILDERS.
viED CHILDERS.
vii.NANNY
CHILDER
viiiLIZZIE CHILDERS.
ix.SERPTIE CHILDERS.
xALICE CHILDERS.
xiLORI CHILDERS.
xii.MANDY CHILDERS.

Generation No. 5

16. SUSANNE "SUSIE"5 CHILDERS (CALVIN CHILDERS4 SR, JAMES FRANKLIN3
CHILDERS, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born November 30,
1863 in Ashe Co N C, and died January 16, 1941 in Buried in A Hart Cem.
(unmarked), Nella NC. She married WILEY ADAMS, son of JOHN ADAMS and
JANE HURLEY. He was born December 01, 1861 in Ashe Co N C, and died
December 12, 1925 in Buried in A Hart Cem. (unmarked) Nella NC.

21. DREWRY MASON5 CHILDERS (WILLIAM MASON4, JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN
(CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born June 22, 1874 in Grassy Creek
Ashe Co NC Census 1880 1910 1920 p8B, and died February 01, 1963 in
Chilhowie Smyth Co VA Obit. Smyth County News. He married (1) MAUDE
ELIZABETH SHATLEY July 04, 1903 in Chilhowie, Smyth , VA, daughter of
RICHARD SHATLEY and HARRIET HUGHES. She was born June 01, 1886 in NC,
and died May 14, 1938 in Chilhowie Smyth Co VA. He married (2) INEZ
MCCOY Abt. 1940 in Marion Smyth Co VA. She was born November 17, 1905 in
Smyth Co VA. DREWRY CHILDERS came from North Carolina with his father
while a young man. He became a farmer and earning a living as a
carpenter.He was kept busy building houses and additions for people all
over the area. He lived on Dry Fork for many years and raised both his
families there on his little farm. He raised tobacco and hay as well as
plenty of vegetables for the table and had the usual cow for milk and
chickens for the pot.
Maude Shatley had a nephew, Martin Shatley, who discovered the Shatley
Springs in North Carolina in 1890. The water from the springs is
supposed to heal and the restaurant there is still open in the spring of
1997. Martin married Sarah Adaline Brooks in 1864 and died in Wilkes,
NC. All Maude's siblings were dead in 1989.
PSSIBLE RELATIVES
MARY RUTH SHATLEY WED JOHN C WITHERSPOON OCT 3, 1919 IN ASHE,
NC AND THEY HAD A SON. WM SHATLEY MARRIED ADELAIDE PORTER
JOHN SHATLEY WITH WIFE SUSAN AND TEN CHILDREN IN 1870 ASHE CENSUS.

Children of DREWRY CHILDERS and MAUDE SHATLEY are:
32.i.JOSEPH FRANKLIN6 CHILDERS, b. October 17, 1907, Chilhowie Smyth Co
VA; d.Dec 20,1995,Chilhowie Smyth Co VA.
33.ii.ETHEL MADELINE CHILDERS, b. August 10, 1909, Chilhowie, Smyth ,
VA; d. December 1992, Chilhowie, Smyth , VA.

iii.FLOYD RAYMOND CHILDERS, b. February 04, 1911, , Smyth, VA; d. Nov
07,1927,Meadowview, VA in a car hit by a train. FLOYD DIED IN A CAR
ACCIDENT WITH A TRAIN AT MEADOWVIEW,
VA. Children of
DREWRY CHILDERS and INEZ MCCOY are:
iv.CONNIE GRAY6 CHILDERS, b. November 19, 1940, Chilhowie Smyth Co VA;
d. November 19, 1940, Chilhowie Smyth Co VA.

v.SHIRLEY KATHRYN CHILDERS,b.Jan 24,1942,Dry Fork Smyth VA.

viDREWRY MASON JR CHILDERS, b. March 11, 1943, Dry Fork Smyth Co VA; m.
EVON OSBOURNE; b. Abt. 1943.

22. CORDELIA5 CHILDERS (WILLIAM MASON4, JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN
(CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born March 28, 1881 in Grassy Creek
Ashe Co NC, and died September 14, 1963 in Smyth Co VA Buried Mcclure
Cem. She married JOHN WYATT June 03, 1900. He was born January 30, 1874,
and died January 17, 1950 in Smyth Co VA Buried Mcclure Cem.

23. JOSEPH WILLIAM5 CHILDERS (WILLIAM MASON4, JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN
(CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born February 06, 1887 in Grassy
Creek, Ashe, NC, and died June 1944 in Susong Cemetery. He married DORA
LEE BUCHANAN Abt. 1907. She was born Abt. 1885.
Children of JOSEPH CHILDERS and DORA BUCHANAN are:
34.i.MADELINE CHILDERS6 MERCIER, b. Abt. 1908; d. 1983 ii.RUTH
CHILDERS KENNEDY, b. 1910; d. 1996.
iii.BRADLEY WYATT CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1912; d. 1945.
iv.ARRETTA CHILDERS MAHAFFIE, b. Abt. 1914; d. 1993.

24. MINNIE C5 CHILDERS (WILLIAM MASON4, JAMES FRANKLIN3, JOHN
(CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born July 15, 1896 in Grassy Creek
Ashe Co NC, and died January 08, 1977 in Smyth Co VA. She married NORMAN
EDWARD MILLER May 30, 1917. He was born Oct 27,1890 in NC,and died
Febr22,1972 in Smyth Co VA.

27. WILLIAM HENRY5 CHILDERS (ANDREW JAMES4, HOLBERT3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2,
JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born October 30, 1871 in Perkins Lake, Kentucky,
and died April 02, 1940 in McCreary County/Pulaski, Kentucky. He married
MARY ANN "POLLY" TAYLOR March 17, 1892 in Pulaski County, Kentucky,
daughter of GEORGE TAYLOR and PHOEBE TAYLOR. She was born November 1874
in Kentucky. HENRY CHILDERS Date 400402 age 069 Place PLSKI
Residence MCCREARY Volume 023 Cert 11011 Deathvol 40
1900 Pulaski County Census
Childers, Henry 1/1871 b. Ky Coalminer
Polly 11/1874 b/ Ky 4 children 2 listed
Nevada E 5/1897 Ky Dora A 5/1900
WILLIAM HENRY CHILDERS: Burial: April 03, 1940, Pidgeon
Cemetery?Occupation: Coal Miner Residence:Cooperative,Ky
Marriage Notes for WILLIAM CHILDERS and MARY TAYLOR:
17 March 1892 Childers, William H 20 1st b. Pul Co fb Pul Co mb PulCo
Taylor Mary Ann 17 1st b. Pul Co father and mother b Pul Co
GeoTaylor/sur Wm M childers wit W. M. Childers, a Spradling Pres J. a.
Childers
Children of WILLIAM CHILDERS and MARY TAYLOR are:
i.EDGAR6 CHILDERS.EDGAR CHEdgar signed Henry Childers' death
certificate.Not sure if he is his son. Lived in Coop., KY

35.ii.NEVADA "VADA" ELIZABETH CHILDERS, County, Kentucky.
iii.DORA A. CHILDERS, b. May 1900.

28. HOLBERT JEFFERSON5 CHILDERS (ANDREW JAMES4, HOLBERT3, JOHN
(CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born April 1877. He married ROSY
MARY BOLLIN January 18, 1900 in Pulaski County, Kentucky. She was born
April 1883.
Children of HOLBERT CHILDERS and ROSY BOLLIN arCLARENCE i.WILLIAM6
CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1903.

ii BERTIE MAE CHILDERS, b. 1905.

ii.EVERETT LUTNER CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1907.

iv.ERNEST DENTIN CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1909.

v,NORA MARIE CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1911. IDA LORRAINE CHILDERS, b. Abt.
1913.

vii.MIRDA GENIEVA CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1915.

viii.LLOYD ESTILL CHILDERS, b. Abt. 1917.

ixCARL EUGENE CHILDERS, b. 1924; m. IRENE JANE FRAZIER; b. 1926; d.
1992.
Generation No. 6

32. JOSEPH FRANKLIN6 CHILDERS (DREWRY MASON5, WILLIAM MASON4, JAMES
FRANKLIN3, JOHN (CHILDRIS)2, JOHN1 CHILDREFORD) was born October 17,
1907 in Chilhowie Smyth Co VA, and died December 20, 1995 in Chilhowie
Smyth Co VA. He married LOTTIE VIOLA MCCLURE December 21, 1927 in Marion
Smyth Co VA,dau of ANDREW MCCLURE and MILLIE MILLER. She was born
November 11, 1910 in St Clair's Smyth Co VA.Joe is buried in the
Macedonia Baptist Cemetery and Ola chose their tombstone carefully that
spring.

This thread: