CHOATE-L Archives

Archiver > CHOATE > 2000-08 > 0965332242

From: mjbiondo <>
Subject: Re: Lucy & Gabriel Choat/Choate
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 00 15:50:42 -0400

Janet,

Thanks for answering. I'm a little rusty on this family and it was
your GenForum query that rekindled my interest. I know you're looking
for the same thing I am. Good luck to both of us.

My Juda (Choat) Cole is one of the daughters Gabriel didn't name in
his Will. He mentioned four daughters, but only named two, Nancy and
Martha Jane. The reason I think Juda is a daughter is because Lucy
Choat, age 76, born in Virginia was in the household of James and Judy
Cole on the Robertson Co., TN 1860 census. On the Robertson Co., TN 1850
census, Lucy Choat, age 65, (here she says she was born in N. C.), was in
the household with Silas and Martha (Choat) Tucker, her daughter and
son-in-law.

I copied several records for the Choats in Virginia, but don't have
the line back to the immigrant.

I also descend from Samuel Webb of Franklin Co., Va. and his son,
William Smith Webb, who married Nancy Clower. William Smith and Nancy
(Clower) Webb came to Sumner and Robertson counties, TN around 1818.

I wrote to Irene Choate Williams, who wrote the "Choates of the South"
to buy her books, but she only gave a P. O. Box number and my letter was
returned, if my memory serves me correctly. Do you know her address?

TTYL, Janet (Long) Biondo

This thread: