CHOATE-L Archives

Archiver > CHOATE > 2004-11 > 1100936277

From: Berlene Jacques <>
Subject: Re: [CHOATE] Benjamin & Zora Choate
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:37:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the information and I think that quite possibly you have given me something that I can pursue.

My ancestor, Sanders Choate, is believed to be the son of Moses Choate. Moses is the brother of Christopher Choate III. So Benjamin Choate who married Zora (--?--) could very well be connected to my line somehow. Many of Sanders descendants moved into Texas during the 1850s also. His son, Benjamin who married Mary Suggs, died in May 1894 at Austin, Travis County, Texas. Benjamin and Mary were in Carroll County, Arkansas in 1840 but starting in 1850 they are located in Austin, Benjamin was born in 1814 also in Tennessee.

Thanks again and "on with the search"

Berlene Jacques

Mary Nell Franks <> wrote:
Hello,

I'm also a Choate descendant, (Sarah Choate who married James Hollis, from
VA to Lawrence/Wayne Co., TN)

I've collected this info and it might be of help to you all..... but haven't
tried to check it's accuracy.

Christopher III Choate, born 1/1/1750 Va and died after 1837 McNairy Co.,
TN? He was married to Sally. They had children:

1.) Derius Choate, born about 1775 VA and died after 1850 Marion Co., Ark.?
He married Elizabeth Dabbs.
2.) Nicholas Choate, born about 1776 and died 1841 ? He married Mary.
3.) John R. Choate Sr., born 1776 Georgia and died before 1850 Shelby Co.,
TX. He married Mary.
4.) Thomas Choate, born 1778 Georgia and died 1877 Alcorn Co., MS, Corinth.
He married Naomi Choate, 3/12/1816 Maury Co., TN**** (my adjoining county)
5.) David Choate, born 1780 TN and died 1882 Limestone Co., TX. He married
Judith Sevier.
6.) Sarah H. Choate, born 1780-1800 TN and died after 1875 Tishomingo Co.,
MS. She married Jonathan Jobe Sr, 3/14/1816 Maury Co., TN***
7.) William Moses Livingston Choate, born 1794 TN and died before 1822 TN.
He married Prudence Dora "Prudy" Choate, about 1820 Maury or Lawrence Co.,
TN? She died 1883 Karnes Co., TX. (She was the daughter of Thomas Kyle
Choate and his wife Elizabeth Renfro of Lawrence Co., TN)* Thomas Kyle
Choate and Sarah Choate Hollis were sister and brother and the children of
Thomas and Elizabeth Keith Choate of VA. This Thomas was killed by the
"Tories" 1778.... he was a brother to Christopher Choate III......
8.) Elizabeth Choate, born 1/5/1807 TN and died 1/30/1857 Houston Co., TX.
She married John English, 2/24/1824 Maury or Lawrence Co., TN? He was born
1/5/1793 TN and died 12/3/1868 Houston Co., TX.

Hope this will help you.

Mary Nell Hollis Franks, of Lawrence Co., TN