CHURCH-L Archives

Archiver > CHURCH > 2005-02 > 1109361023

Subject: Church Family in VA and NC
Date: 25 Feb 2005 12:50:23 -0700

Surnames: Church, Caroon, Cowell, White
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/ilI.2ACIB/1312

Message Board Post:

I am just starting to research my Church ancestors. I have very little on them. Scanning through some of the messages posted to this site, I see a great similarity in first names, i.e. Richard, Joseph, Caleb, Lydia, etc.

The earliest Church ancestor I have it Richard who left his will in Norfolk Co., VA in June 1705. I do not know when or where he was born. He married Abiah Corprew and had the following children:

1. Caleb
2. Anne m. Argall Thoroughgood and then Sampson Trevethan
3. Abigail m. Jonas Cawson and then John Whiddon
4. Frances m Thomas Salley and then Richard Corbitt
5. Patience m. Captain William Thoroughgood and then Christopher Burrough

13 Mar 1754 Lydia Church Caron left her will in Currituck Co., NC. In the will she names her dec'd husband as Jacob Caron. She also names her brothers Joseph and Caleb Church and a sister Julian who married Joseph Steward.

I would appreciate help in any form that will help me connect these people.

Thanks,
Jean

This thread: