CIVIL-WAR-IRISH-L Archives

Archiver > CIVIL-WAR-IRISH > 2003-02 > 1045321637

From: "akeegan" <>
Subject: [Civil-War-Irish] Fenian Oath
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:06:52 -0600

The Fenian Oath (as quoted by John O'Leary)

I _____________, do solemnley swear in the presence of Almighty God,
that I will do my utmost, at every risk, while life last, to make Ireland an
independent democratic Republic; that I will yield implicit obedience in all things not contrary to the law of God, to the commands of all my superior officers, and that I shall preserve inviolable secrecy regarding all
transactions of this secret society that may be confided to me.
So help me God! Amen

Page 612 "The Story of the Irish Race" by Seumas MacManust
Thought some of you would like reaading this Ann

This thread: