CIVIL-WAR-L Archives

Archiver > CIVIL-WAR > 2007-09 > 1190145656

From: "Rhonda Houston" <>
Subject: Re: [CIVIL-WAR] [ACWGREY] Andersonville Prison Articles
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:00:56 -0500

Ms Eugenia,

Won't it be correct to say that it all depends how someone views the world
as to another's behavior???
Be sure to read page 232 concerning Capt Wirtz's behavior at Anderson Prison
from what another man's thought was, who was considered Capt Wirtz's
equality in rank and importance (in regards to what the overall society
would think/say) before you put a lot of creditability to someone who would
refer to him as "a good man at heart"???

http://books.google.com/books?id=mOEBAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA232&lpg=PA232&dq=capt+wir
tz+anderson+prison&source=web&ots=TRpq3LHbo1&sig=pUrWBSIZQM6VsWsugcHmH2XMtuk
#PPA232,M1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065399/usercomments
And here's another source which may add a balance to what I've sent and that
book by Lewis McGough and even provide a twist to reality (what actually
happen to Capt Wirtz...war makes many, many terrible things happen to
people, but no one 'incharge' is inescapable from responsibility of taking
care of those within whom he is caring for the enemy or his own.

Rhonda Warmack Houston
()